- [U]赞成,同意 favorable opinion or judgement
- [U][C]批准,认可 official permission
the formal act of approving;
"he gave the project his blessing"
"his decision merited the approval of any sensible person"
a feeling of liking something or someone good;
"although she fussed at them, she secretly viewed all her children with approval"
acceptance as satisfactory;
"he bought it on approval"
a message expressing a favorable opinion;
"words of approval seldom passed his lips"
- The proposal was accepted with unanimous approval.
- We should submit our plans to the council for approval.
- Your approval gives me much gratification.
- He showed his approval by shaking my hands.
- Does my idea have your approval?
- Your idea is a good one,and it has my approval.
- We can't start the job until we have the director's approval.
- He studied hard to win his teacher's approval.
- He was always anxious to win the teacher's approval.
- Sam always tried hard to win his father's approval.
- The new proposals have won the approval of the board.
- The governor gave approval to the project.
- Everybody gave their approval to the plan.
- The owner gave his approval for a raise in pay for all employees.
- Our teacher gave her approval to our plans for a graduation party.
- I hope my new girlfriend gets my parents' approval.
- He enjoyed general theatrical and public approval.
- Alan is someone who always needs the approval of other people.
- The proposal did not find much approval.
- The room soon filled with mutterings of approval.
- These appliances have the British Gas seal of approval.
- Mrs. Oliver looked at Simon with approval.
- She looked at her son with approval.
- Her parents regarded her choice of career with approval.
- That letter was sent with my approval.
- We won't start building without the council's approval.
- She showed her approval by nodding.
- He showed his approval by smiling broadly.
- The audience showed its approval by cheering loudly.
- By July,the Prime Minister's approval rating had risen to over 60 per cent.
- meet with sb's approval
得到某人的赞许，得到某人的认可 be approved of by sb
- on approval
(商品)可试用的；不满意可以退换的(of goods) supplied to a customer on condition that they may be returned if they are not satisfactory
- be subject to sb's approval
需要得到某人的批准 needing to be approved by sb
- deserve approval 值得赞同
- express one's approval 表示赞同
- gain the approval of 得到…的同意
- have sb's approval 得到某人的同意
- intimate one's approval of a plan 表示赞成某一计划
- meet with sb's approval 得到某人的同意，与某人看法一致
- nod one's approval 点头表示同意
- obtain approval 得到认可
- receive approval 得到赞成
- voice one's approval (用言语)表示同意
- win approval 赢得赞同
- complete approval 完全同意
- enthusiastic approval 热情的赞许
- final approval 最后批准
- general approval 一致同意，普遍赞成
- hearty approval 由衷的赞许
- official approval 正式批准
- public approval 公众的赞同
- qualified approval 有保留的赞同
- silent approval 默许
- tacit approval 默许
- unanimous approval 一致同意
- unqualified approval 无保留的赞同
- unreserved approval 无保留的支持
- vehement approval 热烈赞同
- wholehearted approval 全心全意的赞成
- widespread approval 广泛的赞许
- approval rating 支持率
- goods on approval 包退包换的商品
- nod in approval 点头表示赞成
- on approval (商品)供试用的；包退包换的
- seal of approval 批准的盖章
- with the approval of authority 经当局批准
- with the approval of the majority 获得多数同意
- 在商业用语中on approval还有商品“试用，包退包换”的意思。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的approbare，意为赞成，认可，同意。