- =Council of Administrations of Special Education 专业教育管理人员委员会
- =Committee on Academic Science and Engineering 理论科学及工程学委员会
- =Council for the Advancement of Secondary Education 中等教育促进委员会
- =Computer Aided Software Engineering【计】电脑辅助软体工程
- [C]事例,实例 instance or example of the occurrence of sth
- [C]实情,情况 actual state of affairs; situation
- [C]病例,病症,患者 instance of a disease or an injury; person suffering from this
- [C]被警方调查的案件,诉讼案 matter that is being officially investigated, especially by the police; question to be decided in a court of law; lawsuit
- [C]容器,包装 any of various types of container or protective covering
- [C]手提箱 suitcase
an occurrence of something;
"it was a case of bad judgment"
"another instance occurred yesterday"
"but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
a special set of circumstances;
"in that event, the first possibility is excluded"
"it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled"
a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy;
"the family brought suit against the landlord"
the actual state of things;
"that was not the case"
a portable container for carrying several objects;
"the musicians left their instrument cases backstage"
a person requiring professional services;
"a typical case was the suburban housewife described by a marriage counselor"
a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation;
"the subjects for this investigation were selected randomly"
"the cases that we studied were drawn from two different communities"
a problem requiring investigation;
"Perry Mason solved the case of the missing heir"
a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument;
"he stated his case clearly"
the quantity contained in a case
nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence
a specific state of mind that is temporary;
"a case of the jitters"
a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities);
"a real character"
"a strange character"
"a friendly eccentric"
"the capable type"
"a mental case"
a specific size and style of type within a type family
an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part
the housing or outer covering of something;
"the clock has a walnut case"
the enclosing frame around a door or window opening;
"the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced"
(printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers;
"for English, a compositor will ordinarily have two such cases, the upper case containing the capitals and the lower case containing the small letters"
bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow;
"the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase"
a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home
look over, usually with the intention to rob;
"They men cased the housed"
enclose in, or as if in, a case;
"my feet were encased in mud"
- Talk of wasting money, my buying this car is a case in point.
- In your case, we are prepared to be lenient.
- But that is not always the case, sometimes the table can turn.
- The case involved charges of police corruption.
- The judge quotes various cases in support of his opinion.
- I think you can win because you have a very strong case.
- We ordered 3 cases of beer for the party.
- The goods have been cased up for transport.
- The thieves cased Wilson's house before the robbery.
- He felt he had the situation cased well enough.
- Case it around before you leave.
- Can you cite another case?
- It is not an isolated or even a rare case.
- The company is losing some of its best people because of the low salaries— the resignation of the sales manager is a case in point.
- These tribes are a classic case of people living in harmony with their environment.
- His accident is a case of reckless driving.
- This is a case of poor judgment.
- All cases of bullying will be severely dealt with.
- Woolen sweaters can be hand knitted, producing in most cases a finer and less expensive garment.
- That is often the case with the past and present.
- As the case stands, there should be no more changes.
- The rules cover all cases.
- The new materials, in many cases, surpass traditional materials.
- In such case, it doesn't turn bad.
- Yours is a special case.
- If that is the case, then you'll have to confess that you are wrong.
- If that's the case, you'll have to work harder.
- I cannot make an exception in your case.
- Both children were criticized; in the first case for incompetence, in the second case for sheer laziness.
- That's always the case with us.
- That's often the case with him.
- William's successful treatment of many cases gradually won over the peasants.
- They discussed her case fully.
- A case of measles kept him in bed.
- They'll operate on the more serious cases right away.
- He will take over the pneumonia case.
- The physicians abandoned the case.
- She is clearly a case for treatment.
- The detective broke the case.
- Is there evidence to support his case?
- Such cases are seldom brought before court.
- The police have a clear case against the prisoner.
- That's the way it seemed until a recent case came up in court.
- The case will go to trial.
- The defense lawyer rested his case.
- They settled the case out of court.
- The lawyer argued the case skillfully.
- The judge decided the case.
- This is our case for nuclear disarmament.
- Case is an important part of the grammar of many languages.
- “Mine” is the possessive case of “I”.Mine
- She bought a nice jewel case yesterday.
- The sword was mounted in a mahogany case.
- They were busy packing a case with books.
- The waiter will carry your cases up to your room.
- Could you carry my case for me?
- I bought several cases of wine.
- Put the knife back in its case.
- You shouldn't annoy him. He is a real hard case.
- You're really a case.
- This family is a hardship case.
- fight the case out
把官司打到底,把问题搞得水落石出 go on a case and make it clear
- get down to cases
开始谈到要点 begin to talk about sth important
- in any case
还有 have the other
- in case
- in case of
防备 because of the possibility of sth happening
- in no case
无论如何不 in no circumstances
- in the case of
至于…,就…来说 about sth
- in this case
既然这样 if this happens or has happened; if this is the state of affairs
- make a case for
坚持下去 hold on sth
- make out a case
证明…有理由,提出对某事有利的证据 give arguments in favour of sth
- on a case
在处理案件 dealing with a case
- such being the case
事实既然如此 if this has happened
- appeal a case 上诉
- argue one's case 为自己的意见辩解
- bring a case 控告
- detective case 提起诉讼
- diagnose a case 诊断病情
- discuss a case 讨论一个病情
- dismiss a case 撤销案件
- drop a case 撤回诉讼
- gain a case 胜诉
- give a case 举个例子
- hear a case 听审
- illustrate a case 说明一个情况
- isolate the case 隔离病人
- lose a case 败诉
- make out one's case 证明自己有理由
- pack a case 装箱子
- present a case 起诉
- rest one's case 自动停止向法院对案件提出证据
- state one's case 说明自己的情况和理由
- work on the case 调查案件
- attested case 已证实的例子
- exceptional case 特殊情况
- individual case 特别情况
- analogous case 类似的例子
- disputed case 有争议的问题
- every case 各种情况
- in most cases 大多数情况
- parallel case 类似情况
- recent case 最近情况
- similar case 相似的情况
- specific case 特定情况
- typical case 典型情况
- worst case 最坏情况
- acute case 急性病
- chronic case 慢性病
- contagious case 传染病
- hard case 无药可救的人
- hopeless case 绝症
- incurable case 不治之症
- light case 轻病员
- mental case 精神病患者
- urgent case 急症病例
- walking case 能自己步行就诊的病人
- borderline case 难以确定的情况
- display case 陈列柜
- emergency case 急症病例
- glass case 玻璃盒
- jewel case 珠宝盒
- pillow case 枕头套
- stretcher case 必须用担架抬的重病病人
- typewriter case 打字机盒
- vanity case 化妆盒
- watch case 表壳
By caase of fortune.出自： Caxton
I you recount a ruefull cace.出自： Spenser
They seem'd almost, with staring on one another, to tear the cases of their eyes.出自：Winter's Tale , Shakespeare
Cloth cases..for binding the volume will be issued with the December number.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
They case their limbs in brass; to arms they run.出自： Pope
Bones of seals, walrus, and whalessall now cased in ice.出自： E. K. Kane
A brick wall..cased with stone.出自： J. Gwilt
in case of指“假如……发生，以防……”。
Take an umbrella with you in case of rain.
in the case of指“关于……”，偶尔与in case of同义。
In the case of his father, we must make an exception.
in the case of，in ...case和in many cases等表达方式都要避免使用过多，有时还可省略。
In the case of Russian grammar, it has six cases.
可以直接说Russian grammar has six cases，省略in the case of。
In case he comes, let me know.
You had better be ready in case they arrive before you expect them.
They may not arrive before you expect them, but you had better be ready in case.
- in case, if
- if可用于任何时间,而in case只指将来时间。例如:
- I am taking an umbrella in case it rains later on.
- I'll take an umbrella if it rains later on.
- case, invalid, patient
- Worst cases are sent to hospital.病情最坏的人被送到医院。
- At that time, life for families with invalids was even harder.那个时候,家中有病人的生活更苦。
- case, box, casket, chest
- He put the knife back in its case.他把小刀放回刀鞘中去。
- Mother put the shirts in my clothes chest.母亲把那几件衬衫放进我的衣柜里。
- jewel casket 珠宝箱
- letter casket 信件收藏盒
误 Most of my friends lost their jobs, but I was lucky in this case.
正 Most of my friends lost their jobs, but I was lucky in this respect.
析 in this case的意思是“既然这样”,而不是“在这方面”。至于出发时间,你可以自己来决定。
误 In case of the time for departure, you can decide on it yourself.
正 In the case of the time for departure, you can decide on it yourself.如果发生火灾,就先砸碎玻璃取出灭火器。
误 In the case of fire, break the glass to remove the extinguisher.
正 In case of fire, break the glass to remove the extinguisher.
析 in case of与in the case of的意思完全不同:in case of的意思是“万一”,而in the case of则是“就…来说,至于…”的意思。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的cas，意为事件，争吵；最初源自拉丁语的casus，意为机会，场合。