- n. 机会；时机
- [C] [U]机会,时机 a favorable moment or occasion
a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances;
"the holiday gave us the opportunity to visit Washington"
"now is your chance"
- You must grasp this opportunity.
- We should seize the opportunity to counterattack.
- I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work on the project.
- The opportunity has not yet arrived.
- He was waiting for an opportunity to retaliate.
- An opportunity like that doesn't often come my way.
- Don't hold back! This opportunity is too good to miss!
- Necessity and opportunity may make a coward valiant.
- According to some people, great opportunity and great danger are two sides of the same coin.
- The opportunity won't come again so make the most of it now.
- Should the opportunity arise,I'd love to go to China.
- When the opportunity came, I seized it with both hands.
- When the opportunity presented itself, both made passes at her.
- Once an opportunity slips away, it has gone for good and ever.
- I will do it as soon as opportunity offers.
- The company aimed to expand as and when opportunity offered.
- The opportunity could not be recreated.
- The opportunity was lost to him.
- I am willing to assist whenever there is an opportunity.
- There aren't many opportunities in a small town like Levenford.
- This was the once-in-a-thousand-year opportunity.
- This will be your opportunity.
- It's an opportunity in a million, and we shouldn't waste it.
- This could be just the opportunity he's been looking for.
- This is a great opportunity.We can't afford to hang back.
- I consider myself highly privileged to have this opportunity.
- He considered himself lucky to have had the opportunity.
- Children are fond of cutting up whenever they have a good opportunity.
- Computers offer many new opportunities.
- You should go and see this film if you get the opportunity.
- He is unwilling to give up the opportunity.
- Given the opportunity she might well have become an outstanding artist.
- They came to find new homes and new opportunities in this “New World”.
- The chief difficulty lies in finding a good opportunity.
- Don't throw this opportunity out of the window.
- She's throwing away a great opportunity.
- If you hesitate too long, you will miss the opportunity.
- Through his own stupidity, he missed an excellent opportunity.
- We mustn't let slip such an opportunity.
- Don't let the opportunity slip.
- It would be foolish to let such an opportunity slip;it's a chance of a lifetime.
- I wouldn't let a wonderful opportunity like this slip through my fingers if I were you.
- You will be afforded an opportunity.
- You cannot deny this opportunity to me.
- On the whole an infant's desire to learn is so strong that parents need only provide opportunity.
- He regretted the lost opportunity.
- She was alert to seizing an opportunity.
- She promptly seized the opportunity his absence gave her.
- You shouldn't sniff at this opportunity,you may not get another like it.
- She uses every opportunity.
- He's waiting his opportunity.
- The press followed the president round the hospital, waiting for a photo opportunity.
- I can't stand aside and let you waste an opportunity like that.
- Watch for your opportunity, and you will succeed.
- Many person would have jumped at such an opportunity as this.
- It's a pity that Mike passed up such a good opportunity.
- He has been on the outlook for an opportunity.
- He quickly availed himself of the opportunity.
- I failed to avail myself of this opportunity.
- She was making full use of her opportunity.
- The company afford an opportunity for that promising man.
- The theory assumes the existence of a ‘meritocracy’—that there is equal opportunity for all.
- Mealtimes were an opportunity for conversation.
- The job will offer you excelent opportunity for promotion.
- Games provide an excellent opportunity for the use of grammar structures and vocabulary.
- After the lecture there will be an opportunity for informal discussion.
- Jack asks to be given another opportunity for the exam.
- The new system leaves less opportunity for personal advancement.
- The quiz was a good opportunity for the exhibition of his knowledge.
- The weekend is a good opportunity for shopping.
- I have no opportunity for going abroad.
- I have little opportunity for going abroad.
- Sabina had no opportunities for making friends of her own.
- Edward Coke had an opportunity for escaping from the prison.
- He sought opportunities of doing her little service.
- They welcomed the opportunity of joining a colony.
- You have little opportunity of meeting fresh faces.
- I took the opportunity of visiting Jane while I was in Washington.
- He grabbed at an opportunity of going abroad.
- He had as yet no opportunity of relating the incident to them.
- I love the country, but I have less opportunity of seeing it.
- Tomorrow's meeting will afford us the opportunity of discussing some important questions.
- The ladies now have an opportunity to air their indignation.
- Many people are opposed to the new law,but have had no opportunity to articulate their opposition.
- When we were finally alone, I took the opportunity to ask him a few personal questions.
- I didn't have the opportunity to be alone.
- It has little opportunity to capture moisture from the air.
- This gives him an opportunity to change his mind without loss of face.
- It's too good an opportunity to chuck away.
- How she wished for an opportunity to come and visit our Great Wall.
- May I take this opportunity to congratulate Ruth on her promotion.
- We would like to take this opportunity to convey our heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims.
- We were glad to have this opportunity to cooperate with you.
- This autumn the President had a major opportunity to deliver on his pledge.
- They were also given the opportunity to do some operations.
- We shall have opportunity to exchange views tomorrow.
- He asked that he be given an opportunity to explain his case.
- I should like to avail myself of this opportunity to express my gratitude to you.
- I take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation of your help.
- We avail ourselves of this opportunity to express our heartfelt gratitude to you.
- It would give him an opportunity to get his thoughts down on paper.
- I have had not opportunity to give him your message.
- I shall be pleased to have opportunity to go abroad.
- You must make capital of every opportunity to learn new things.
- The office party was a good opportunity for everyone to let their hair down.
- We need to give them a reasonable opportunity to look at the display.
- I missed a golden opportunity to make a lot of money.
- The conference will afford you an opportunity to meet many foreign scholars.
- They will have the opportunity to participate actively in the decision-making process.
- The ceasefire has created a window of opportunity to rescue the peace process.
- The government took the opportunity to restate its basic policies.
- We afford foreign tourists an opportunity to see our rural life.
- John expects to have an opportunity to set out his plan at the next meeting.
- He is looking for an opportunity to shoot at goal.
- He has a very expensive wristwatch and he misses no opportunity to show it off.
- He availed himself of the opportunity to speak to her.
- We were delighted at the opportunity to spend some time in that country.
- This only gave them opportunity to squeeze profits.
- This is an opportunity to stand back and think about what you have achieved.
- We didn't get much opportunity to swim.
- We'll have plenty of opportunity to talk later.
- Now I had the opportunity to test myself.
- I'd like to avail myself of this opportunity to thank you all.
- He thought that the police were playing cat and mouse with him, just waiting for an opportunity to trap him.
- The job gives her the opportunity to travel abroad.
- He lost no opportunity to vent his anger on those around him.
- I took the opportunity to visit my brother.
- We must give the men who have committed errors ample opportunity to wake up.
- Students should take every opportunity to widen their experience.
- She pounced on the opportunity to work with them.
- at the first opportunity
- opportunity arise 时机一到
- opportunity arrive 时机成熟
- opportunity come 机会来了
- opportunity go 机会失去了
- opportunity occur 机会来了
- opportunity offer 机会来了
- opportunity pass away 机会错过了
- opportunity present itself 机会来了
- opportunity slip away 机会来了
- accept opportunity 接受机会
- afford opportunity 提供机会
- avail oneself of opportunity 把握机会
- await opportunity 等待时机
- choose opportunity 选择时机
- create opportunity 创造机会
- dally away opportunity 放过机会，延误时机
- find opportunity 找到机会
- furnish opportunity 提供机会
- get opportunity 得到机会
- give opportunity 提供机会
- grasp opportunity 抓住机会
- grab opportunity 抓住机会
- have opportunity 有机会
- lose opportunity 失掉机会
- miss opportunity 错过机会
- offer (sb) opportunity 提供机会
- open up opportunity 提供机会
- pass up opportunity 放弃机会
- provide opportunity 提供机会
- seize opportunity 抓住机会
- take opportunity 抓住时机，不失时机
- take up opportunity 把握机会
- throw away opportunity 丢掉机会
- utilize opportunity 利用机会
- use opportunity 利用机会
- wait opportunity 等待机会
- waste opportunity 错过机会
- watch for opportunity 等候机会
- abundant opportunity 充分的机会
- ample opportunity 足够的机会
- available opportunity 可得到的机会
- best opportunity 最好的机会
- better opportunity 更好的机会
- capital opportunity 绝好的机会
- commercial opportunity 商机
- considerable opportunity 值得重视的机会
- convenient opportunity 合适的机会
- economic opportunity 经济上的机会
- educational opportunity 教育机会
- enviable opportunity 令人羡慕的机会
- equal opportunities 均等的机会
- every opportunity 每个机会
- excellent opportunity 良机
- exciting opportunity 令人兴奋的机会
- favourable opportunity 有利的机会
- fit opportunity 合适的机会
- glorious opportunity 绝好的机会
- golden opportunity 绝好的机会，千载难逢的机会
- good opportunity 好机会
- grand opportunity 绝好的机会
- great opportunity 重大机遇
- historic opportunity 具有历史意义的时机
- ideal opportunity 完美的时机
- limited opportunity 有限的机会
- little opportunity 很少的机会
- lost opportunity 失去的机会
- marvellous opportunity 难得的机会
- missed opportunity 错过的机会
- much opportunity 大量的机会
- new opportunity 新的机会
- not much opportunity 不多的机会
- once-in-a-lifetime opportunity 可一不可再的机会
- perfect opportunity 完美的时机
- plenty of opportunity 大量机会
- precious of opportunity 宝贵的机会
- rare opportunity 难得的时机
- reasonable opportunity 合理的时机
- splendid opportunity 绝好的机会
- suitable opportunity 合适的机会
- tremendous opportunity 绝好的机会
- unique opportunity 前所未有的机会
- unparalleled opportunity 无与伦比的机会
- unprecedented opportunity 空前的机会
- unrivalled opportunity 无可比拟的机会
- valuable opportunity 宝贵的机会
- wasted opportunity 浪费了的机会
- welcome opportunity 令人欣喜的机会
- wonderful opportunity 绝妙的机会
- business opportunity 商机
- career opportunity 职业发展的机会
- employment opportunity 就业机会
- investment opportunity 投资机会
- job opportunity 工作机会
- market opportunity 市场机会
- photo opportunity （为要人或名人）拍照的机会
- sales opportunity 销售机会
- training opportunity 培训机会
- at available opportunity 可得到的机会
- at earliest opportunity 最早的机会
- at every opportunity 每一个机会
- at first opportunity 一有机会
- equality of opportunity 机会均等
- take advantage of opportunity 利用机会
- window of opportunity 机会之门
Equality of opportunity implies free scope for natural talent.出自： W. K. Hancock
I had plenty of opportunity to meet..interesting men and women.出自： E. Roosevelt
The chance of visiting Bethlehem..was too great an opportunity to be missed.出自： G. Borrow
Texas was the land of opportunity.出自： L. McMurtry
Opportunity never knocks twice at any man's door.出自：Proverb
- “抓住机会”是take the/an opportunity, 不可用hold。
- opportunity既可作抽象名词，也可作类名词。例：much opportunity，an opportunity和many opportunities；
I shall be glad to have opportunity to see the city.
I shall be glad to have opportunity of/for seeing the city.
- opportunity for+ n. , opportunity for+ v -ing, opportunity+to- v
- 这三种用法意思相同，只是opportunity for+ n. 用的不普遍；而opportunity for+ v -ing在美国不如opportunity+to- v 用的普遍，在英国则相反。
- opportunity, chance, occasion, time
- He catches at every opportunity to practise the piano.他抓住每一个机会练习弹钢琴。
- He took the occasion to satisfy his desire for revenge. 他抓住了这个机会满足了他报复的欲望。
- This was the chance he had been waiting for. 这是他等待着的机会。
- He had no chance to get away. 他没有机会脱身。
- She's won too. What's a break! 她也赢了，真是好运气！
- Now it is your time. 现在正是你的好机会。
- opportunity, possibility
- 2.opportunity用于have the opportunity to- v / v -ing结构；而possibility用于there is a possibility of sth happening结构。
- I have the opportunity to go to Denmark next year.
- 明年我有机会去丹麦。（= I can go...）
- There's a possibility of my going to Denmark next year.
- 明年我有可能去丹麦。（= I may go...）
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的opportunite；最初源自拉丁语的opportunitatem，意为合适，有利的时机。