- v. 预备；准备
- vt. & vi. 准备 get or make ready
make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc;
"Get the children ready for school!"
"prepare for war"
"I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
prepare for eating by applying heat;
"Cook me dinner, please"
"can you make me an omelette?"
"fix breakfast for the guests, please"
to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery;
"prepare a report"
"prepare a speech"
arrange by systematic planning and united effort;
"machinate a plot"
"organize a strike"
"devise a plan to take over the director's office"
educate for a future role or function;
"He is grooming his son to become his successor"
"The prince was prepared to become King one day"
"They trained him to be a warrior"
create by training and teaching;
"The old master is training world-class violinists"
"we develop the leaders for the future"
lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord;
"prepare the discord in bar 139"
undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession;
"She is training to be a teacher"
"He trained as a legal aid"
- Early experiments with military rockets prepared the ground for space travel.
- He is preparing his speech for the meeting tomorrow.
- Prepare to alight,for we are almost there.
- Peel the pineapples and I will prepare the pineapple pie.
- First prepare the rice by washing it, then cook it in boiling water.
- The defence lawyers asked for another week to prepare their case.
- Who prepared these building plans?
- This special medicine must be freshly prepared each time.
- We are prepared that he should see the doctor.
- Turning, he prepared to go upstairs.
- I am preparing to do the work.
- We are preparing to have negotiations with the enemy.
- I prepared to write an article to air my views.
- Did you prepare him any food?
- Mother prepared us a substantial breakfast.
- This college prepares students as interpreters.
- She is preparing herself as a teacher.
- Parents should prepare children to cope with life.
- He prepared himself to accept defeat.
- I am prepared to do the work.
- I am prepared to forgive your bad behaviour this time, but it must not occur again .
- He was prepared to leave the country.
- They were prepared to pay the price.
- The situation should ease up now that the two sides are prepared to talk.
- prepare against (v.+prep.)
(使)为将来…做好准备 (cause to) get ready for
prepare against sth
They are preparing against a drought.
他们正准备抗旱。prepare sb against sth
He prepared Mary against bad news.
We are fully prepared against the approaching storm.
- prepare for (v.+prep.)
(使)对…有思想准备 (cause to) accustom one's mind to
prepare for sth
Don't bother her. She is preparing for the final examination.
I am so busy preparing for the next examination that I can find no time to go out with you.
You'd better prepare for Mother's arrival.
Will you help me prepare for the party?
Every day they are talking about peace but actually preparing for war.
He is preparing for his departure to Chongqing.
他正准备到重庆去。prepare oneself/sth for sb/sth
Please prepare the table for dinner.
I'm preparing a speech for the meeting on Thursday.
You must prepare everything for the trip.
The students have prepared everything for the celebration.
Right now they are preparing themselves for the Olympic Games.
The speaker prepared the way for my proposal.
My mother gets up earlier this morning.She is busy preparing breakfast for us.
I'll prepare a bed for you.
We must prepare a room for guests.
Is the meal prepared for our guests?
这是为我们的客人准备的饭菜吗?prepare for sth
We should prepare well for the negotiations.
我们应该为这次谈判做好准备。prepare sb/oneself for sth
The doctor prepared Mother for her operation.
Prepare yourself for a surprise when you go into the room.
Be prepared for bad news.
Philip was not prepared for the question.
We were not prepared for the rain.
I always have to be prepared for yet another move to a new city.
- prepare a battle 准备战斗
- prepare a drug 配药
- prepare a fresh offensive 准备展开新的攻势
- prepare a lesson 准备功课
- prepare a meal 预备饭菜
- prepare a party 准备社交聚会
- prepare a plan 制订计划
- prepare a report 准备报告
- prepare a room 准备房间
- prepare a trip 准备旅行
- prepare answer 准备回答
- prepare dishes 准备好菜
- prepare one's case 准备案件
- prepare one's speech 准备讲演稿
- prepare paints 准备颜料
- prepare struggle 准备斗争
- prepare such a feast 准备丰盛的筵席
- prepare supper 准备晚饭
- prepare the conditions 准备条件
- prepare the exhibition 筹备展览会
- prepare the medicine 配制草药
- prepare the pretext 制造借口
- prepare the rice 准备米饭
- prepare the table 把餐桌摆好
- prepare affectionately 友好准备
- prepare amicably 友好地准备
- prepare amply 充分地准备
- prepare annoyingly 愤怒地准备
- prepare appropriately 适当地准备
- prepare ardently 积极地准备
- prepare artfully 狡猾地准备
- prepare artificially 虚假地准备
- prepare artistically 艺术性地准备
- prepare calmly 冷静地准备
- prepare carefully 仔细准备
- prepare cautiously 谨慎地准备
- prepare cleverly 灵活地准备
- prepare comprehensively 全面地准备
- prepare conclusively 最后准备
- prepare consciously 自觉地准备
- prepare consequently 随后准备
- prepare contemptuously 傲慢地准备
- prepare daringly 大胆地准备
- prepare decisively 果断准备
- prepare deliberately 有意地准备
- prepare delightful 愉快地准备
- prepare desperately 不顾一切地准备
- prepare discreetly 小心地准备
- prepare dramatically 戏剧性地准备
- prepare duly 正式准备
- prepare dumbly 愚蠢地准备
- prepare earnestly 非常认真地准备
- prepare effectually 有效地准备
- prepare elaborately 精心准备
- prepare energetically 精力旺盛地准备
- prepare especially 特别准备
- prepare exclusively 全身心地准备
- prepare extemporaneously 临时地准备
- prepare finally 最后准备
- prepare formally 正式地准备
- prepare formidably 望而生畏地准备
- prepare gallantly 英勇地准备
- prepare generally 一般性地准备
- prepare gradually 渐渐准备
- prepare gravely 严肃地准备
- prepare immediately 立刻准备
- prepare incessantly 不断地准备
- prepare independently 独立地准备
- prepare indirectly 间接准备
- prepare informally 非正式地准备
- prepare insistently 引人注意地准备
- prepare intensely 热情地准备
- prepare laboriously 吃力地准备
- prepare magnificently 精心地准备
- prepare manifestly 明白地准备
- prepare mentally 精神上准备
- prepare mercilessly 无情地准备
- prepare minutely 仔细地准备
- prepare mysteriously 神秘地准备
- prepare naturally 自然地准备
- prepare noiselessly 静静地准备
- prepare openly 公开地准备
- prepare particularly 特殊地准备
- prepare physically 身体上准备
- prepare prodigiously 奇妙地准备
- prepare professionally 熟练地准备
- prepare prudently 慎重地准备
- prepare recently 最近地准备
- prepare recklessly 不顾后果地准备
- prepare resolutely 果断地准备
- prepare responsibly 负责任地准备
- prepare satisfactorily 令人满意地准备
- prepare scientifically 科学地准备
- prepare sharply 急速地准备
- prepare sheepishly 胆怯地准备
- prepare skeptically 心存怀疑地准备
- prepare skilfully 巧妙地准备
- prepare slowly 慢慢地准备
- prepare substantially 实实在在地准备
- prepare superficially 表面上准备
- prepare symbolically 象征性地准备
- prepare tactfully 巧妙地准备
- prepare tastefully 趣味高雅地准备
- prepare technically 技术上准备
- prepare thoroughly 详尽地准备
- prepare totally 彻底准备
- prepare viciously 恶意地准备
- prepare vigorously 有力地准备
- prepare voluntarily 自愿地准备
- prepare wholeheartedly 全心全意地准备
- prepare wilfully 蓄意地准备
Tiberius had a fleet standing by prepared.出自： R. Graves
The union prepares national industrial action against overcrowding..in the jails.出自：Guardian
- prepare既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,可接名词、代词或动词不定式作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词for的宾语。prepare还可接以动词不定式或as短语充当补足语的复合宾语。prepare接名词作宾语时,常含有使准备的东西能吃或能用的意味; 接动词不定式作宾语时,意为“准备做某事”; 接动词不定式充当补足语时,意为“准备某人做某事”; 接as短语作宾语补足语时,意思是“为当…做准备”。
- be prepared的意思是“做好准备”,其后可跟for引起的短语、动词不定式或虚拟的that从句,表示“愿意…”。
His wife is preparing him a meal.
prepare to do表示“因要……而作准备”，prepared to do表示“原意且有能力做什么”。
I am preparing to undertake the task.
I am prepared to undertake the task.
- 同will not和cannot相比，be not prepared to的语气要来的更加婉转，常出现在公文中；
I am prepared that my son should have a tutor.
- prepare, prepare for
- prepare的意思是“准备或筹划某事”; prepare for的意思是“为某事的到来作准备”。例如:
- prepare an attack
- prepare for an attack
- The teacher prepared the exam.
- The students prepared for the exam.
- be prepared, be ready
- 1.be ready表示具备做某事的条件、处于可以做某事的状态,或有思想准备,乐于做某事。例如:
- We are ready to start.我们准备好了,可以开始了。
- He was always ready to help his friends.他总是乐于帮助朋友 。
- 2.而be prepared除强调为做某事而进行了积极的努力外,还常常用来强调精神上有应付意想不到的事件的能力。例如:
- The student was thoroughly prepared for the examination.这个学生为考试做了充分准备。
- These children are prepared for the disappointments as well as the joys of life.这些孩子不仅准备享受生活的乐趣,而且也准备经受生活中的失意。
- prepare, cook, fix, get, make
- cook只用于食品而不用于饮料; 其他几个词都可以用于饮料。make和get可以互换; 而prepare和fix则强调准备的过程。例如:
- She is cooking in the kitchen.她在厨房里做饭。
- Let me fix you a drink!我来为你倒杯饮料。
- He got〔made〕 himself a cup of coffee.他给自己冲了杯咖啡。
- You shouldn't have troubled yourself to prepare such a feast!你本不该准备这样丰盛的饭菜,这样太麻烦你了。
- My grandmother is preparing supper.
- I washed my hand, preparing for supper.
误 I prepared that I jot down some notes.
正 I prepared to jot down some notes.
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自中古法语的preparer；最初源自拉丁语的praeparare，意为事先准备。
- prepared adj. 事先准备好的;愿意的;期望的