- n. 恶臭；水蒸汽
- v. 放出恶臭；有 ... 气味；明显带有
a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant
have an element suggestive (of something);
"his speeches smacked of racism"
"this passage smells of plagiarism"
smell badly and offensively;
"The building reeks of smoke"
be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face
give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.;
"Marshes reeking in the sun"
- Do you smell the reek of stale tobacco?
- They live amid reek and squalor.
- His breath reeked of tobacco.
- They reek of death and corruption.
- Their actions reek of corruption.
- The murderer's hands still reek with blood.
The musty reek that lingers About dead leaves.出自： R. Brooke
The reek of petrol.出自： E. Waugh
Not long after the civil war, the embers of which were still reeking.出自： Sir W. Scott